Krav Maga at John Leroux's World KarateFIT Centre
Official KRAV MAGA CENTRE
Burn 1000 Calories Per Class!
KarateFIT is the first and oldest official Krav Maga training centre in Ottawa! Originally developed for the elite Israeli Defence Forces. This reality based self-defence and fitness program will get you in shape while empowering you with practical Defence against real life attacks.
Learn more about Krav Maga & Get a special two week trial with free hand wraps when you come in with a friend or family member!
Check out the Official Krav Maga Worldwide Facebook fan page!
Krav Maga is a practical and tactical system that teaches how to prevent, deal and overcome all kinds of violence and attacks. Krav Maga prepares the trainees in the subjects of self-defense, self-protection, fighting and combat skills, as well as skills to defend others, all in unique and comprehensive teachings and way. Krav Maga was developed in Israel, under realistic demands and conditions.
Krav Maga is a horizontal system with a unique and logical approach. It is easy to learn and retain, performed naturally and intuitively, and practically be use under stressful conditions. An essential part of Krav Maga is its teaching process, methodology and ways of training.
Krav Maga includes the subjects of:
- Prevention, avoidance, escape and evasion.
- Dealing with throws and falls to all directions and angles.
- Attacks and counterattacks, performed to all targets, distances, ranges, heights, angles, directions and in all rhythms. Executed from all positions and postures. Use of all sorts of common objects for defensive purposes.
- Defending all unarmed attacks: punches, strikes and kicks. Releases from all sorts of grabs and holds. Defending all armed attacks and threats of knife and sharp objects; of sticks bars and other blunt objects; of all kind of firearms.
- Dealing with the above attacks when sent from all possible directions and places; When are performed by a single or multiple attackers; When occur in all possible places, positions and postures. Including in confined or open areas; in an ally, staircase, car; On all types of grounds; In water; When free or in limited space of movement; While standing, on the move, sitting down, laying down on the back, side or facing down.
- Physical and mental control and disarm.
- Krav Maga prepares the trainees to function in all circumstances and scenarios, in all combat and fighting environments, according to their needs, risks they are facing and job descriptions. Krav Maga enables and brings technical, tactical, physical and mental growth and improvements.
Krav Maga contains special approaches, tactics, techniques, subjects, drills and training methods for the different sectors: Civilians of all ages, men and women, young and old; Law-enforcement officers; Military personnel and units; Correction service officers and wardens; Security officers; As well as: Close protection officers; Undercover agents; Antiterrorists groups; Air-marshals; Special and commando units.